Here is a simple guide [Videos Included] on how to use Airdrop feature on Apple devices. This Guide includes following. (Click to if you want to go to particular section)
- What is Airdrop ?
- What are the Airdrop Supported devices ?
- How to Turn On Airdrop ?
- How to Send Files with Airdrop ?
What is Airdrop ?
Airdrop is a unique, fast and easy file sharing/transferring method introduced for Apple devices. The technology used in Airdrop is Bluetooth 4.0 and it is quite fast and power efficient because Bluetooth 4.0 uses a little power to transfer data within i devices and it comes with more security.
What are the Airdrop Supported devices ?
Airdrop supports both iOS devices and Mac OS devices. For iOS, it supports any iPhone, iPad or iPod which runs iOS 7.0 or a higher version and for Mac PC’s , it was introduced with Mac OS 10.7 (Mac OS X Lion). Another good news is you can even Airdrop files within iOS devices and Mac OS devices!
Below a list of devices which are Airdrop supported.
- iPhone 5 or higher version
- iPad 4th Gen or higher version
- iPad Mini 1st Gen or higher version
- iPad Pro 1st Gen or higher version
- iPod Touch 5th Gen or higher version
- MacBook Pro (Late 2008) or later, excluding the MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2008)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010) or later
- Aluminum MacBook (Late 2008)
- MacBook and iMac (Early 2009) or later
- Mac Mini (Mid 2010) or later
- Mac Pro
How to Turn On Airdrop ? [Video Below]
- First, launch Control Center by Swiping up from the bottom of the screen (iPhone 8 or older) or swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen (iPhone X)
- Press firmly (iPhone 6s or newer) or press and hold (iPads or older iPhones) on the wireless control box on the upper left side of Control Center
- Now Tap on Airdrop
- Now Tap Contacts Only or Everyone
Contacts Only : If you turned on as Contacts only both your device and the other devices need to be logged in to iColud and each other have to be in their Contacts also.
Everyone : If you turned on as Everyone, anybody can Airdrop without being in your contact, which is easier but a little risky because even random people can airdrop then.
How to Send Files/How To Use Airdrop
- Open the particular App which Includes the File you need to send and select that file. For example if you need to transfer a photo, Go to Photos > Tap the Photo you you want to transfer
- Tap the Share Button. Share Button might look like a box with an upward arrow or just the word “share”. It depend on the App
- Now a list with all the available recipients and devices will come up and carefully Tap the preferred Receiving device’s name from the list. This list might have several devices with same Avatar if the recipient has multiple devices so carefully touch the correct device.
If you have any Question just type in the comments, we will help to resolve it!